Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Michelle Obama at the Democratic National Convention

Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies...

I sat in tears watching Michelle Obama on last evening. I haven't had a lot of things to look forward to, or to bring me joy lately. But my tears on last evening, were of joy. I wept uncontrollably long after the speech and the interaction between Michelle, her daughters, and her wonderful husband ended. You didn't have to be black, a woman, married, or even a mother; to be touched by the compassionate words that were released from that beautiful, statuesque, courageous young lady's lips, you only had to be human. But as an African-American lady, a mother, and a strong advocate of family and of edifying the black man, I sat in awe of her presence, mesmerized by her words, and moved in my spirit by that family's "audacity of hope".

In case you were under a rock somewhere and missed it, I have conveniently included a link to the speech. Please watch. Please watch with your children. Please watch with your whole family.

Click here to view the video.


What a REMARKABLE moment in history...
What a PHENOMENAL way to exhibit black love and FAMILY...
What a PERFECT time for change!


Be sincere; Be brief; Be seated.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home