Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It's a Business, Not a Hustle

I must holla this week about my people in business. My people, my people, my people.......Sigh......Where do I begin? I get so tired of watching other nationalities excel and thrive, while my African-American brothers and sisters continue to struggle. Our struggle is not merely caused by the oppression of "The Man" anymore--it is how detrimental we are to each other and ultimately ourselves.

As an entrepreneur, I won't even attempt to mislead anyone by saying that this has been, or is, an easy road. And most of the difficulties that I've experienced have not been from a lack of knowledge of my industry, lack of experience in working with people, nor issues with racism and sexism. The difficulties stem from some of the types of individuals that I've dealt with, and how they choose to handle their businesses---my people. I know there are those who are shouting in the Amen corner right now, since this is not foreign to most. It is seemingly a never-ending nightmare, that pierces at the heart of everything that I represent, that I endeavor to be and attempt to teach my clients about their businesses.

It always seems to be the same scenario. A dream; instead of a vision. A hustler; as opposed to a professional. A follower; instead of a leader. A conformist, instead of one who upholds positive change. There is not enough time spent perfecting the God-given talents placed within, because there is too much spent on trying to get over on the next brother or sister, or trying to do too many things outside the realm of the professional expertise provided to each individual. Not to mention the "use people's services without compensation" factor. Whoa, let's not even get started on that one!

Without going on and on, my sisters and brothers, we HAVE to do better. We are supposed to be providing generational wealth for our children and leaving a legacy of stability--not debt and fallen talents. As what I feel is the strongest and most powerful culture in the world, we should set the standard for what everyone else is doing. Whatever your passion in business, pursue it with the most integrity and professionalism possible. That's all I have.....Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, September 23, 2005 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Matt Brown said...

It looks like you've got some spam. Sorry about that.

Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great points Candace.

One has to choose not to live in the matrix of fear, failure, less, lack, slack or superiority.

It takes effort and excellence to be successful in business. "We" can and must do better.

There is so much more potential; so much greatness yet untapped b/c it's trapped by ignorance and fear.

Today's slavery is both mental and self contained.

To the people, I say "Get over it and move the h-%$ on (off the slavery mountain)!"

ie

Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home