Saturday, July 28, 2007

Phew.....It's been one of those weeks

I've started hating weekends. My life is now ruled by work and motherhood, and although weekends bring some rest, housework and kid activities, it's so great to hear the phone ringing with business and adult conversation, as well as the emails coming during the week. Most of my friends are married and have children. I live far away from them as well. And I don't call them at night or on weekends, because I feel that is family time, and anything outside of that is an interruption. So I feel a strong disconnect most times, but just kind of struggle through it.

I was speaking with a friend about my current (but I'm determined brief) situation, and he said that I could call him anytime. But I told him that me knowing that he was being the husband and father that he should be, and knowing that even if it took the last amount of strength that he had, he was going to stay committed to his wife and family---that was the only help that I needed. I need that hope. I need to know that there are relationships that are doing more than existing--they are succeeding.

Yet the challenge now for me is to really get a life. I need to have more hobbies--other than trying to help people. I had convinced myself that I was happy just helping others, but at some point, one can become empty. You need to be refilled, and that can't usually come from a person or relationship. It has to come from other sources of your life that you can pull from. I spent most of my year planning in one direction, and now I have to dust off plan B, and basically begin again. This is usually the routine for the end of the year, but a lot has changed in the world, in just a week. As if I didn't get it before, I definitely know what the line in Kirk Franklin's song "First Love" means...

"Ain't it funny, how a chapter can make a story change..."

Definitely truth to that one. But I truly believe that all is well. There is a Divine plan in action, even as I type these venting words. In spite of everything that life has thrown at me, it has made me stronger and more determined to live the good life and one day have the fairytale.

So sing it along with me...


After you've done ALL you can,
You just STAND.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing your purpose and pursuing it with passion is what gives you the strength to "shake each problem off and take a step up."

No man is an island. God has called us to operate successfully in a network (as members of The Body I Cor 12). Isolated, we don't accomplish as much as unified even if it's just two or three.

I can relate to your struggle and pray as I've done many times for myself: that you're in the right place; at the right time; with the right people doing the best thing for His glory.

ie

Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home